Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat tuesday

King cake, maradi GRAS, cake

What would fat Tuesday be without a king cake????

I haven't had a king cake since I left Houston about 17 years ago. Wow I can't believe it's been that long ago.

So I bit the bullet and ordered one for today. Right from new orleans. Which by the way is some place I recommend everyone see at least once great culture experience. It came and I decorated it with the frosting and sugars it's a coffee cake that comes in different varieties my favorite is the cream cheese

Green means faith. Gold means power and purple means justice

Tradition holds that the person that gets the piece with the trinket (usually a baby) inside it brings the cake and hosts the next party. And they are king or queen of the party

How did you celebrate Marci GRAS ? What will you give up for kent tomorrow??? I might give up king cake hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty cake. I've never heard of a king cake. But then I'm not from that part of the country either.

    ReplyDelete

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.