Monday, November 1, 2010

banoffee


My husband had an idea to make a pie that his friend recommended.  Its called banoffee which is basically banana toffee pie.   I joked that the above picture was how men cook.  But the recipe actually says to boil a can of condensed milk for 3 hours.  It turns into this lovely toffee mixture that is super sweet.



cut up bananas and put into a graham cracker crust.




ok so I didn't take a picture for whatever reason of the final but here it is with the toffee in it.  you top it with whipped cream and eat.

it was good but very sweet.  a little to sweet for me.

2 comments:

  1. Did hubby like it? I think it would be too sweet for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...yummm! i need to make this!! sounds like suc le creme but with bananas ad graham, my kind of pie!!

    ReplyDelete

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.