Sunday, July 11, 2010

angels landing in zion national park

last leg on our way to the top.

I look at this now and say why was i wearing that shirt. oh yeah when we left it was 60 degrees on our way back it was 90.  good reason to leave early in the morning.    This is the spot I camped out and waited.  I lost my nerve and couldn't make it the rest of the way.  I was disappointed in myself but with my fear of heights I felt good that I made it this far. 

my little friend that kept darting around me while I waited.  he wanted that trail mix bad.  But there is a $100 fine for feeding the wildlife.  One I wasn't willing to pay even this high up. 

this is as far as I made it.  That's hubby on his return from angels landing.  He noted that there were several spots he had to go it on his rear so i am glad I stopped.  maybe another time I can make it. 

the notch.   sheer cliffs on both sides most areas are 3 to 5 feet wide. 



                                                      the top of angels landing.

a view from the top thanks to hubby.  I am proud of him for making it and his reward you ask?  a t-shirt that says I hiked angels landing, i had to settle for the i hiked Walters wiggles t-shirt.  :)


that's the end of that story and most of my Zion pictures.  I have a few miscellaneous pictures I will post for tomorrow.  If you ever have a chance to go here go!!! you don't have to do any of the hikes just stay on the bus and tour the park its a grand site.  we live in a great place that we are able to have parks set aside like this unspoiled and beautiful. 

God Bless America and all its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.