Saturday, October 31, 2009

304/365


Christmas came early for me this year. I have the best hubby in the world I think. I have been going back and forth with the thought of getting a new camera. I have spent the last year thinking about it. Going back and forth with what I wanted. It came down to the Nikon d90 and the d5000. well I decided that for a bit more the d90 has a better sensor and I needed that one. then it came down to do I really want to spend that kind of money on myself.

well hubby decided for me and said its your Christmas present and lets go get one. so this afternoon we headed out and found out that well not many places have the D90 in stock but we did get finally at best buy. thanks Jeff you were very helpful and reconfirmed that it was the right choice.

so the above picture is just one I took while reading thought he manual and trying to figure out all the buttons I am only 40 pages into this manual and have probably forgotten most of it. lol i do believe I am going to LOVE this camera I can already see a difference in the quality

I did find a section (jumping ahead hehe) on retouching your photos while in the camera and shot the first photo and then retouched it.


Black and white
Sepia
Cyanotype - blue and white. I had never heard of this before. COOL

I have lots to learn but very excited

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! What a sweet hubby you have! Your first shots look terrific! YOu are going to have so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new camera! Pam's right -your pictures do look terrific and you are going to have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.