Friday, August 17, 2012

mark the spot

Crater Lake july 2012

have you ever seen one of these before?  they are called different things apparently I have aways thought they were elevation markers but they are also called way markers and survey markers.  placed usually in a triangle method (no idea where the other two are) to help survery the land.  it is illegal to deface or try to remove.

this one is in crater lake.  I have heard there are some that make a game out of how many of these they can find.

and with this ends my crater lake posts hope you enjoyed and hope you get to go someday  I know I will be back.


  1. The suvery term for these is "benchmark." (Take it from a nerdy civil engineer!)

  2. Oh - a civil engineer that can't spell the word "survey!" :)


this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.