Wednesday, May 4, 2011

standing tall

DC April 2011_0726a

My visit to DC was during the cherry festival but unfortunately they were not very good this year.  Most of our time there was windy which didn't help either.  but on my first night there we stopped at the FDR memorial I caught a glimpse of the largest memorial the washington monument dedicated to George Washington in the setting sun. 

It measures just over 555 feet tall and can be seen from long distances and other sites that I visited.  50 flags fly around the base of the monument representing all the states. 

I took many pictures of this like any typical tourist it really caught my eye.

3 comments:

  1. I love visiting DC. I didn't get to go up the Washington Monument, I had a small child at the time and did not feel energetic enough to carry him, lol. The vietnam memorial was my favorite stop.
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyoursx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty against that sky! I have never been there but it is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.