Monday, August 30, 2010

quail

I love quail they are such interesting birds.  Above this mail is watching guard while the female eats dropping from our feeder.  In the past we use to have dozens of quail in the yard but lately we see very few and sometimes only in pairs. 

this photo is a little soft looking only because it was taken through the screen window of my back door.  I do kind of like the effect though.




here is the female perched upon the left over bricks from our patio project.  these bricks will soon find a new home around another flower bed.  I was able to pop open the door to get this shot but in the process scared the male so below is the best shot of him I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.