Saturday, December 26, 2009

360-365 bokeh


well the day after Christmas we were going to drive over to Idaho to see the annual flocking of eagles that come to eat but the house is sick. well 2 of us only have stiffly sinus crude but hubby was up all night with a horrible stomach flu. he has yet to return to the living so I decided to try out the pioneer woman's photo challenge . BOKEH in her words: According to Wikipedia (I was curious over my coffee this morning), bokeh is “the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image.”

yes I am obsessed with her blog and website.

so as I was saying all are sick and the dog was not cooperating so I resorted to ornaments.


the bird above was my final pick and my photo of the day.


EDITED TO ADD: it took me a while to figure this out. DUH laura take the autofocus off the lens as well as the camera.

Some other not good enough for me photos. This was my very first attempt at my mom's house on Christmas eve. I think I need to get some colored lights for my tree I like them better in this effect than the white ones.



and the non qualify Duncan picture. just not sharp enough for me

3 comments:

  1. Great bokeh - I'm addicted to it too! and PW is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still trying to figure out bokeh. If you have any tips I would love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her blog, too! I saw your post titles and thought "I bet she read's PW's blog". That's the current photo assignment and what a fun assignment it is!! :) Loving the whole bokeh notion. The one with the dog is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

this is a non word verification comment blog. If you saw something you like please let me know.